Ok, so after the break up I have been somewhat of a procrastinator – I haven’t quite packed as much as I had planned, nor have I started redecorating for the new tenant after I leave.
I have found time to blog recently, but seeing as I do that on my 2nd monitor whilst watching TV shows, that probably doesn’t count as an actual activity…
Now all of a sudden everything kicks off. I get a message from Sarah to tell me that they now have a house from Monday and to get my arse in gear, and get the stuff over to the UK. At the same time, I find a tenant to take over the lease when I leave.
Cool, thinks I, 6 weeks to get sorted – Nice one…not so, tenant lady needs to be in on the 1st of April
So, I now have 17 days to finish packing, decorate, deliver practically the full contents of a 3 bedroom house to the UK and move into my new apartment. Damn you procrastination, damn you to hell.
To say nothing of the fact that I have to work all day throughout the week, leaving all this work to my scheduled TV time :-?
Ahh well, back to The 4400 and Flight of the Conchords….
….Oh, as an aside – Just got this in my email
I have GOT to get me some of that :-D
…although perhaps not the taste.
It was long ago, a simpler time when men were men and New Years Eve BBQ street parties were brought together by the contents of what looked like a dark green varnish tin, but in fact contained a purple jelly like substance known as Napalm.
The thing about Napalm, the important thing to remember about Napalm, is that it is not listed on very many outdoor cooking sites as a suitable BBQ lighter fuel. The reasons for this should be relatively apparent….toxic sausage* anyone?
So the scene is set:
- Grassed area usually used by kids for football, taken over for party – Check
- 4 giant oil drum BBQs – Check
- 3 12×12 RAF tents to store….stuff – Check
- Enough food to supply an estate of people with around 600 houses – Maybe not, but some people won’t come – so… Check
- 1 x Organiser with serious shortcomings in the sense of humour area – Check
- Oh… and booze – Lots of booze – Check
The party starts getting underway, is in full swing some might say. I, at approximately age 14, and along with my friends, have found the backup booze stash and started “experimenting” with different concoctions in a Stein. This does cloud my actual memory somewhat, so some of the specifics of the night escape me. I do know that this was my first experience of a beer induced pavement pizza…
Things that may or may not have definitely possibly happened:
- Napalm smoked BBQ food scattered everywhere after taste #1
- Organiser type person completely unable to put out the Napalm induced BBQs….as this is the way Napalm works – FFS**
- 200 people decided that they would follow my Mum and Dad*** to their cellar bar for a “Proper Party”
- “Argumentative Couple” have their weekly argument, things get broken and the Military Police show up
- My Mum decides that the best use for Napalm flambe sausages is to plug the police cars exhaust pipe like in the movies****
- Police car makes a decidedly unhealthy noise, some would call it a bang, I called it an explosion and the engine breaks
- My Mum and her cohorts try to sneak back to the party unseen and fail…miserably
- Some stupid 14 year old kid, whose name escapes me*****, walks right up to his parents and announces that he is not drunk and has not just been sick.
- Same 14 year old kid throws up in front of parents
- Then falls in pavement pizza
- Parents respond by laughing uncontrollably
- Organiser type person begins shovelling mud/grass from field into BBQ to try and quell heat/flames
- Rest of street party attempt to squeeze into my Mum and Dads cellar bar – Most end up in my bedroom (in cellar at my request btw)
- Topfer Strasse collective party hard and almost nothing gets destroyed in either the cellar bar or my bedroom – Result!
- Organiser person refuses to recognise that his party died hours ago and stays resolutely at his post, seemingly cooking the field now
- Organiser persons wife and kids are forced to stay with him whilst the rest of the estate are in our cellar
- New Year comes and goes
- Nobody notices
- Last person leaves our cellar at approximately 8am
That was the night that was – I do not recommend napalm smoked sausages – But I can recommend parents like mine that managed to save an entire estates New Years Eve party….even if it did annoy organiser type person…. yey!
* Oh come on, there has to be a band called Toxic Sausage…”Please put your hands together for Toxic Sausage, and their number 1 hit single…Napalm BBQ”
** Seriously, someone from the RAF that has access to stores of Napalm MUST have even the most basic understanding of how it works
*** Now, I know other people claim to have the coolest parents in the world [OK Seriously] for example – I just want to go on record to say that actually mine are at the top.
***** Me :-?