To quote Billy Connolly….. Jesussufferingfuck
Everytime I look around the apartment and think.. “Just another hour or so”, I discover something else that has been bloody forgotten.
Still, it would appear that I have been blessed by <INSERT DIETY OF PREFERENCE HERE>, as my friends are pretty bloody amazing. Let’s recap my last few days:
- Work as normal – Finish at 12:30 to visit Docs and then on to packing
- 16:00 – Collect van (Eat ham roll)
- 19:00 – Alan, Darryl and Michael appear – Load van with *almost* everything that is going to the UK
- 21:00 – Van packed, we have a quick beer.
- 22:00 – I get back into it
- 00:00 – Go to bed
- 06:30 – Wake up, more packing
- 09:30 – Paul, Scott, Tim and Alan appear to move stuff to new apartment
- 11:00 – Paul + Alan sort out dismantling of various furnitures that I didn’t have time to do
- 15:00 – Me, Scott and Tim head to Angelas where we unload the van (for 2 days!!)
- 17:00 – Drop off Van, I continue working
- 18:00 – Simon lends me his car
- 18:30 – More work, moving bits and bobs to new apartment
- 23:00 – Make final trip of the night (including cats now) to new apartment (Eat crisps)
- 00:00 – Bed
- 08:00 – Wake up
- 08:30 – Realise clocks have gone forward – It is actually 09:30
08:3509:35 – Make coffee, phone Mel and Jamie (Eat Pringles) 10:0011:00 – Mel and Jamie arrive, we head to apartment 10:2011:20 – Begin working 15:3016:30 – Break for first half of Liverpool v Everton (Eat Pizza) 16:4517:45 – Head back and carry on – Alan arrives 20:3021:30 – Mel leaves, give Jamie lift home 21:3022:30 – Get to new apartment 22:3023:30 – Bed
And then I got up to be at work this morning – DAMN YOU DAYLIGHT SAVINGS
If you look back at that, thanks have to go to (in no particular order):
Alan, Scott, Tim, Mel, Jamie, Darryl, Michael, Paul and Simon
Without you guys….well, I am probably still trying to lift the first box. I owe more beers than I can reasonably buy right now…
Things that happened :
- I got fed up and started throwing stuff away that could have been sold (Sorry Sarah/Lesley)
- Darry and Michael broke the lift on Friday night, fortunately it was repaired just before the washing machine move on the Saturday
- I made a deliberate detour to bauhaus to get a new toilet seat, bought 3 other things and forgot the toilet seat
- I arrived at Angelas to discover way more stuff of hers to be transported than I thought – I panic and start thinking about what else can be thrown away. I then stop panicking and decide to rent another van at the end of April or May.
- Paul, when asked to unplug my computer and keep all the cables together with their devices, puts cables and devices in separate bags.
- External HDD2 and Scanner blow up when I inevitably plug the wrong power into each of them
- This morning I couldn’t figure out how to get hot water out of my new apartment shower
- Oh, and I just had a phonecall from Simon, I didn’t drop his car keys off, IDIOT
I am currently out on my feet and have more to do tonight. Once again Jamie is coming to the rescue.
Best. Friends. Ever